The County Assessor is responsible for valuing all real and personal property, including mobile homes, residential and commercial properties and agricultural land for property tax purposes. The Assessor determines the equitable value of property to ensure that each taxpayer pays only his or her fair share of the taxes.
To learn more about the Larimer County Assessor and what we do, click here.
The Larimer County Assessor's Office is seeking a Chief Appraiser to join our team. This position would supervise directly and indirectly appraisal, technical, and support staff. The ideal candidate would participate in development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures in the Assessor's Office. The person that holds this position will oversee and participate in all aspects of the appraisal process.
Specifically, this position:
- Forms and reviews complex appraisals of vacant land, single family residence, multi-unit dwellings, commercial, and industrial properties using generally accepted mass appraisal techniques.
- Defend and review appraisal findings to the general public and prepare reports for all valuation hearings as necessary.
- Analyze statistical data for the Larimer County property assessment study and assist in any auditing or reporting requirements.
- Collect and analyze data and apply mass appraisal principles and techniques to draw logical conclusions.
- Perform advanced statistical analysis on data to arrive at solid mass appraisal values.
To view the complete job description for this position, click here.
- A Certified Appraiser's License from the State of Colorado is desirable.
- Additional course work or experience in management and personnel supervision.
- Additional college-level course work or specialized training in the appraisal process.
- Advanced statistical knowledge or training desirable.
- Five years of increasing responsibility in performing a variety of residential and/or commercial property appraisals.
- Extensive experience related to appraisals is required.
- Must possess all qualifications listed on the Senior Appraiser job description.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Other Information to Note:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.