The Larimer County Facilities Department is seeking an innovative and experienced individual to join our team as a Facilities Operations Manager. This position manages the operations of highly diverse buildings that support all functions of County Government. The Facilities Operations Manager participates in activities related to the acquisition, disposition, maintenance and utilization of the County's physical facilities and real estate portfolio including strategic planning, design, construction, operations, maintenance and energy management. Additionally, this position assists with strategic and tactical information for the Board of County Commissioners, elected officials, and other division/department heads and participates in the design, construction, and commissioning of new buildings. Manages procurement of contract services, and prepares and manages multiple operational and capital equipment budgets. Daily activity is 25% field work, 75% management work, with variable hours to meet staff and contractors who provide after-hours services and respond to emergency situations.
Specifically, this position:
- Works closely with all levels of County staff to ensure top-level customer service across all County work teams.
- Exercises direct supervision over the Facilities Services Worker Team Lead(s) and other assigned staff, and indirect supervision of all Facilities Support Services Staff.
- Coordinates and reviews the work of consultants, contractors, and vendors and oversees and manages major building construction and remodeling.
- Establishes and directs an integrated automated system or database for asset management, inventory control, preventive maintenance routines, scheduling, and inventory of replacement parts. Uses this database to analyze equipment condition and determine an appropriate time for replacement to occur.
- Performs project management activities including; project planning, developing scope, change management, time-lines, estimates, critical path, work breakdown structures, coordination with architects, general contractors, and ensuring punch lists are completed.
- Supports the development and implementation of the Facilities Master Plan and strategic directions for the organization in conjunction with financial planning, strategic planning and service management activities.
- Assists in the development of short and long range capital facilities planning, capital construction projects, renovation, relocation projects, and recommend annual updates to the Facilities Master Plan.
- Establishes standards for safety in the work place. Coordinates with Risk Management staff on safety training, issues and events, provide documentation, and monitor working conditions and equipment use to ensure that employees are working in a safe manner.
Click here to view the complete job description.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Facility Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- Six (6) years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Driver's License.
- Possession of a Certified Facility Manager (CFM) from the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) preferred.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Master's degree in Business or Public Administration, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Planning preferred.
Other Information to Note:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.