Larimer County's Solid Waste Department is looking for a Transfer Station Attendant Temp to join our team!
The Transfer Station Attendant provides directions to members of the public using the Red Feather Lakes Transfer Station facility, handle monetary transactions and provide professional customer service.
Please note that this position is for the Red Feather Transfer Station. The hours are November through April: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. the first Saturday of each month
May through October: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Saturday.
This position will alternate Saturdays with the current attendant.
- Unlocks and opens Transfer Station premises to the public.
- Greets members of the public using the County's Transfer Station facility and inspects contents of refuse to be dumped at the transfer station.
- Collects and processes related fees and charges and maintains appropriate records and logs.
- Directs members of the public to various dumping areas within the Transfer Station depending upon the contents of their refuse.
- Ensures that refuse dumped at the transfer station complies with County rules and policies related to the transfer station operations.
- Secures and locks Transfer Station facilities at closing time.
- Hand picks litter.
- Watches for and notifies appropriate landfill personnel of potential hazards including fires or toxic and flammable chemicals.
- Directs members of the public to various dumping areas within the transfer station depending upon the contents of their refuse.
The successful candidate is someone who is independent, self motivated, a good decision maker, and is looking for supplemental income.
To see the complete Job Description for this position, click here.
- One year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High School diploma or GED required supplemented by some on the job training in landfill and cashier operation.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
This is a part time temporary position, anticipated to work under 30 hours a week with no anticipated end date.
This posting is "Open until filled" and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.