Larimer County Human Services is looking for an Overnight Child Protection Intake Specialist to join our team!
This position will require the employee to spend approximately 60% of their time taking child protection referrals over the phone or in person. This position also screens juveniles for delinquency. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently overnight and have the ability to prioritize work and problem solve with little direction or supervision.
This is a fast paced environment with competing requests and extensive customer contacts including children, adults and Law Enforcement Agencies. Due to the nature of this job, good attendance is necessary to be a successful employee. The ideal candidate will be able to react immediately, yet calmly, to crisis situations and quickly build rapport with callers. You must demonstrate compassion and understanding for people dealing with high stress situations and be able to assess serious issues, such as the potential for abuse and neglect. You should also be able to maintain professional boundaries, be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and be able to effectively manage high levels of stress.
A successful candidate will achieve satisfaction in knowing what you do will make a difference in someone’s life within the Larimer County Community.
While Spanish Bilingual is a plus, we have the ability to use a language line for other languages as needed.
This job might be for you if:
- You like helping someone that is experiencing a crisis to organize their thoughts and elicit the information you need.
- You have a knack for directive interviewing.
- You pay close attention to detail; you are able to communicate clearly verbally and through writing.
- If you're nodding when you read, "anything worth doing, is worth doing right", then we're nodding back at you!
- You like learning new things and you can think on your feet. When plans change or something goes wrong, you are not easily flustered and you can roll with the punches. When you don't know the answer to something, you dig and do research until you find it.
Perhaps the single most important skill to doing this job well, is being able to hear a story - sometimes disjointed, rambling or interrupted, and to quickly summarize and organize the information for readability.
To view the complete Job Description for this position, click here.
- Two years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities
- High school diploma or GED required, supplemented by coursework in social work, psychology, criminal justice, or a related human services discipline. Equivalent to an Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Other Information to Note:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- This position is limited term with full time hours. Individuals hired into limited term positions are eligible for County benefits, however, the position is limited in duration dependent upon available funding, business need or signed contract or agreement.
- All new employees and rehires will be required to submit fingerprints for a FBI criminal background check (C.R.S. 26-6-104)
- This position will work evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays. Availability for this schedule is required for all applicants.
- This position will be required to work Fri - 10:30am -9:00pm and Sat/Sun/Mon 8pm-6am.
- This position will close at 10:00 PM on the closing date listed
- This job is being reposted in an effort to build a larger candidate pool for consideration.