The Larimer County Sheriff’s Office is seeking talented men and women to join our team as Sheriff Services Technicians - Records. Sheriff Justin Smith encourages forward thinking, servant leadership, and a sense of family among all Sheriff's Office members. The Sheriff's Office is an agency of 365 family oriented employees, dealing with a range of responsibilities to include support services, patrol, jail, fire, search and rescue, and investigation duties. If you are seeking a career, have a desire to serve your community, and want to work alongside others with the same mindset, the Larimer County Sheriff's Office is a great place to call home.
Specifically the position:
- Types law enforcement reports from dictation or hard copy; proofs and reviews officer's reports; clarifies information with officers as needed; maintains log and report files; sorts, files, copies, and distributes reports.
- Processes traffic reports; verifies receipt of funds; distributes reports by mail or counter.
- Researches and responds to requests for information and reports from other agencies and citizens; determines proper release of information; collects and verifies receipt of fees.
- Answers phones, greets, and assists visitors; responds to requests or refers to appropriate resources.
- Uses computer database systems to type, enter, modify, and retrieve a wide variety of police reports and records including search queries on warrants, vehicles, articles, persons, guns, etc.
- Assists department personnel and the public in person and by phone performing record checks, copying police reports, and mailing out requested reports to outside agencies and insurance companies in accordance with established regulations and provides general information regarding department policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Microfilms, images, and/or purges criminal justice records in accordance with approved Retention Schedule.
- Notarizes articles for public, agency documents, and others as required.
The Larimer County Sheriff's Office is located in Fort Collins, Colorado, an hour north of Denver. Nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and home to Colorado State University, the City of Fort Collins offers a diverse culture of education, healthy citizens, outdoor recreation, bike friendly community, breweries, historic charm, and a thriving economy. Throughout the year, live music and entertainment, as well as great local dining, can be found throughout the historic downtown area. Fort Collins offers the convenience of a small town with all the amenities of a larger city.
The City’s list of acknowledgements includes:
- "Top 10 Healthiest Cities" - Livability.com, April 2015
- 13 “Best Place to Live” - Livability.com, September 2015
- “One of the Top 10 Best Places to Retire” - CBS Money Watch, February 2012
Click here to view the complete job description for Sheriff’s Services Technician - Records.
- One (1) year of experience comparable to that of a Sheriff's Services Technician in Larimer County and the ability to demonstrate performance at all training levels proving required knowledge and abilities.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Maintain all certifications once obtained.
- Perform typing functions at a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Ability to obtain CCIC/NCIC certification within six (6) months of hire.
Other Information to Note:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.
- Successful applicants will be required to meet all of the following qualifications prior to hire:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Pass typing test requirement of 50 WPM
- Pass employment questionnaire
- Pass written examination
- Pass an in-depth background investigation including criminal history and financial status
- Pass medical examination, including drug testing
- Cannot have a felony conviction3+
- No convictions involving Domestic Violence
- No use of illegal drugs within the past five years