The Larimer County Sheriff’s Office is seeking talented men and women to join our team temporary, part-time, on-call Wildland Firefighters. Sheriff Justin Smith encourages forward thinking, servant leadership, and a sense of family among all Sheriff's Office members. Headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, the Sheriff's Office is an agency of 405 family oriented employees, dealing with a range of responsibilities including support services, patrol, jail, wildland fire, search and rescue, and investigation duties. If you are seeking a career, have a desire to serve your community, and want to work alongside others with the same mindset, the Larimer County Sheriff's Office is a great place to call home.
Temporary, part-time, on-call Wildland Firefighters would work with the Larimer County Yellow Jackets Fire Crew. Come join a team that has maintained a very high standard and is known throughout the United States for its training and dedication to safety on the fireline. Click here to read more on the Larimer County Wildland Fire program. Firefighters respond as requested to Wildland fire incidents under the supervision of Emergency Services personnel.
Specifically, Wildland Firefighters:
- Use, operate, and maintain basic wildland fire equipment and vehicles including a variety of hand tools for fire-line construction, portable pumps, chain saws, firing equipment, and portable radios.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn at all times and safety procedures are followed during all operations.
- Maintain inventory and required equipment on assigned apparatus.
- Take direction from assigned fire-line supervisors and communicate fire status, safety, and equipment information as necessary or assigned.
- Participate on ongoing monthly training classes.
Click here to view the complete job description for Wildland Firefighters.
- To be eligible, all applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications at the time of application:
- Must have successfully completed at a minimum: NWCG or FEMA Introduction to ICS (I-100), NWCG Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service (L-180), NWCG Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior (S-190) NWCG Firefighter Training (S-130) and National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) (IS700) OR be currently enrolled in a training program with a completion date of April 30th, 2018. IS700 must be completed prior to 3/17/2018. Proof of enrollment must be included in the application.
- Must be able to maintain and maintailn first aid and community cpr certifications.
- Must live within 50 miles of 1303 N. Sheilds, Ft. Collins, CO 80524.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must hold a valid, current drivers license.
Other Information to Note:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
- The Sheriff's Office prohibits possession of marijuana by employees under any circumstances and expects employees to comply with federal law.
- All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.