Larimer County Engineering is seeking a skilled and detail oriented individual to join our Traffic Operations & Asset Management team as an Engineering Technician. This position performs a wide variety of technical field and office work including traffic counting, conducting traffic studies, roadway asset inventory support, and data maintenance. Field work includes areas in unincorporated Larimer County including plain, foothill, and mountain locations.
Specifically this position:
- Performs traffic counts using tube counters and video cameras.
- Perform various traffic studies including safety, speed and sight distance.
- Maintains crash data.
- Performs analysis supporting traffic safety program.
- Inventories roadway assets such as bridges, culverts, signs, sidewalks, and more.
- Maintains roadway asset inventory.
- Compiles data and prepares written reports on engineering-related projects.
- Makes and checks notes, maps, drawings, tracings and engineering computations.
- Answers questions and provides information to the public concerning engineering activities.
- Install, relocate and retrieve pneumatic road tube traffic counters and traffic classifiers on a weekly basis. Retrieve and download data. Make minor repairs to equipment as needed.
- Review crash reports, locate crashes on the county road system by road number and mile point. Input selected data into crash database.
- Participate in and summarize traffic studies including speed studies, manual traffic counts, advisory curve studies, intersection warrant studies and other traffic studies.
Click here to view complete job description.
- One year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED required supplemented by coursework in Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License
- Proficient in use of Microsoft® Word and Excel software
Other Information to Note:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.