The Larimer County Solid Waste Department is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Landfill Worker I! The Landfill Worker I provides direction to the public using the County Landfill facilities, and maintains the landfill as necessary.
Specifically this position:
- Receives immediate supervision from the Assistant Landfill Manager.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Direct traffic on site.
- Screen waste to remove hazardous materials from landfill.
- Operate pickup trucks, tractors, mowers, vacuum trailer, and vacuum litter.
- Hand picks litter.
- General maintenance of landfill shop, fences, and buildings.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
To view the complete job description for this position, click here.
- One year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid class B CDL.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
This position is full time limited term expiring 8/1/2018. Individuals hired into limited term positions are eligible for County benefits, however, the position is limited in duration dependent upon available funding, business need or signed contract or agreement.