Larimer County Information Technology is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join an established team of professionals to perform business analysis with a focus on project intake. We’re enhancing our project intake process to include better up-front analysis (understanding intent of request, value discovery and high-level requirements) and coordinating estimations that lead to robust charters. This role will play an integral part in coordinating this effort. As such, we’re looking for someone (in additional to traditional BA skills) who has excellent customer interaction skills, can uncover what the customer is really trying to accomplish, and work with a team to develop clear high-level business requirements that lead to clear project charters. The ideal candidate has demonstrated skills in systems analysis and requirements gathering, excellent interpersonal communication skills, group facilitation, presentation, customer empathy, and organization.
This Senior Business Analyst will potentially play 3 roles:
- Coordinate the project intake process to take customer project requests and work with the customer to better understand the reasons for the project they are requesting in hope to better match a solution to the need. Work with a team to address up-front project needs such as fit with IT business services, organizational change management requirements, process improvement requirements and high-level solution requirements. The goal is to produce a robust charter that can address the real need of the customer and be estimated to greater accuracy.
- Participate in analysis, documentation, planning, testing and other activities according to Agile best practices. Coordinate and facilitate requirements gathering sessions, user story definitions, and story prioritization with product owners and other stakeholders. Work with product owners to draft, maintain and develop User Stories, Release Plan, and Product Backlog (prioritized list of user stories tied to program features).
- BAs may be tasked to analyze the present business processes to find ways to improve them significantly. A BA must know the needs of the business to help identify problems and propose solutions, to include change management associated with the impacts of business analysis to individuals involved. Analyze, design, develop, implement, and improve internal processes, methodologies and strategies. This includes process mapping, eliciting desired state, and helping the business develop plans for making improvements.
Click here to view the complete job description.
The Senior Business Analyst position is located in Fort Collins, Colorado, against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and home to Colorado State University (CSU). The City of Fort Collins offers a diverse culture of education, healthy citizens, outdoor recreation, bicycles, breweries, historic charm, and a thriving economy. Throughout the year, live music and entertainment, as well as great local dining, can be found throughout the historic downtown area. Fort Collins offers the convenience of a small town with all the amenities of a larger city.
- REQUIRED: Bachelors Degree or equivalent business experience.
- REQUIRED: Additional training, classes, or course work in Change Management, Project Management, Facilitation, Conflict Resolution, and/or Communications
- PREFERRED: Masters degree. Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Certification through the International Institute of Business Analysis.
- 8 or more years’ experience and/or Graduate Degree. May require supervisory experience
Other Information to Note:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.