Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development (LCEWD) supports the vitality of our region by providing essential economic and workforce development services to our citizens and public and private partners. We do this through smart collaboration and strategic engagement with employers, community partners, and organizations.
Larimer County is committed to creating a vibrant regional economy that:
- Supports a diverse industry base.
- Develops and sustains a robust workforce.
- Creates a unique sense of place in Northern Colorado.
LCEWD values employees who are innovative, creative, team oriented, excellent problem solvers, independent thinkers, and want to make a positive difference in their community.
As part of the Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development Department (LCEWD), the Economic Development Specialist will provide professional and technical expertise related to Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E). This position is responsible for coordinating and administrating economic development projects and programs; connecting businesses to needed services and resources throughout Larimer County and Colorado; supporting the economic vitality of Larimer County through meaningful relationships with the private sector; building strong and lasting connections and integration throughout LCEWD; driving regional workforce strategies; and serving as a resource to other County staff, outside agencies and the general public by answering questions, providing information and assistance, and solving problems.
To see the complete job description for this position click here.
- Experience in a directly related field or performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Education from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business, Economics, Economic Development, or a related field.
- Skilled at building and managing complex relationships with diverse individuals, organizations, and stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of economic development concepts and strategies; business retention and expansion practices; business, market, and economic indicators and trends.
- Advanced knowledge of services available within Larimar County Economic and Workforce Development, Larimer County Department of Human Services, local and regional community-based resources, state and federally sponsored programs, and other related areas.
- Ability to accomplish the assigned workload in a timely manner and meet established performance standards and objectives.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Entrepreneurial mindset combined with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-passed, high-pressure environment.
- Experience with modern office procedures, methods, and equipment; computerized data collection systems that pertain to particular program areas; current and future labor market information, employer expectations, and job search practices.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- Ability to thrive in and manage ambiguous situations.
- Strong knowledge or pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Working knowledge of economic incentive and financing methods.
- Experience with project management principles and practices.
- General understanding of planning, zoning, project processing, and permitting processes.
- Basic understanding of County government and functions of the various departments in the county; principles and practices of record keeping and records management; operating characteristics of Geographic Information Systems.
- Working knowledge of general marketing concepts and principles.
All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.