Larimer County Department of Natural Resources is seeking a skilled and talented individual to join our team as an Seasonal Park Ranger. We are looking for a knowledgeable and friendly person to assist with our mission.
Specifically this position will:
- Provide information and directions to the public; investigate and resolve visitor complaints; ensure public safety, protection of natural resources, and the enjoyment of parks and open space areas
- Explain and/or enforce applicable rules and regulations to park visitors for the purpose of protecting and preserving natural, historic, and cultural features, sites, and structures
- Effectively patrol front and back country areas by foot, vehicle, boat, horse, and mountain bike as needed
- Issue warnings and citations to violators; conduct investigations of reported offenses/incidents to collect evidence, statements, and other relevant information as needed; may be required to provide testimony in court regarding investigations and/or citations
- Participate in interpretive educational and public outreach programs as needed
To review the full job description, please click here.
Carter Lake and surrounding areas, Horsetooth Reservoir, Hermit Park, County Open Spaces, and County-wide Open Lands
- Desired experience in customer service, public relations, general maintenance, boating, and mountain biking
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade required
- Some college courses in Natural Resources management, Park and Visitor Services management, General Ecology and Biology, Wildlife Biology, or a related field desired
- Desired six months experience in park, Natural Resources, law enforcement, or a directly related field
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by starting date, a valid Colorado Driver's License
- Possession of a valid CPR and First Aid certification by starting date
- EMT or 1st Responder Certification is strongly desired
- Must Successfully complete training program which may include Ranger Excellence School, Field Training, and/or Boat Academy
Other Information to Note:
- This is a temporary position. Both full time and part time positions may be available.
- Full time: working up to 40 hours/week for up to 6 months within March - November
- Part time: working up to 29 hours/week for up to 11 months
- Shift-work, nights, weekends, and holidays may be required
- Work schedules are subject to change depending on weather and visitation
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background test. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
This posting is "Open until filled" and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.