The Larimer County Solid Waste Department is looking for a skilled individual to join our team as an Accounting Technician. To succeed as an Accounting Technician, the ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker with excellent time management, computer, and communication skills. Candidates should understand and abide by all accounting procedures and principles and have a commitment to behaving ethically in the workplace.
The standard hours will be Monday-Friday 10 am- 2 pm. This is a part-time Temporary position.
Accounting Technician Responsibilities:
- Performing basic office tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail, filing, etc.
- Maintaining a database, ensuring that records are complete and current.
- Recording information, processing, and filing forms.
- Preparing checks, deposits, and financial reports.
- Updating records, researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles.
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy and strong typing skills, experience with accounting software a plus.
- High level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Good understanding of Accounting procedures and principles.
- Attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years of clerical experience with record keeping, in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities required.