One Agency. One Mission: Public Safety.
The Larimer County Sheriff's Office is seeking a skillful, detail oriented, people person for the position of Training Specialist.
Specifically, a Training Specialist:
- Helps identify training needs for all agency positions. Identifies in-house, local, and outside training opportunities.
- Schedules training sites, classes, and instructors, and ensures all equipment is operable and in good condition.
- Understands the agency's obligations when negotiating and scheduling training.
- Maintains training records in accordance with state mandates.
- In conjunction with superiors in the training unit, directs and supervises the agency's Colorado Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) reserve academy.
- Monitors skills requirements and and other mandatory training.
- Provides accurate and complete training records, as needed.
Previous experience in training or adult learning is preferred.
Click here to view the complete job description and full salary range for a Training Specialist.
- You must be have successfully completed your one-year probationary period with Larimer County Sheriff's Office.
- Must not have any recent major disciplinary actions within the last year or a pattern of disciplinary action.
This posting is only open to current Larimer County Sheriff's Office employees.
All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.