This job might be for you if:
- You believe that providing outstanding customer service is important
- You pay close attention to detail
- You work well individually and as part of a team
- You understand the importance of confidentiality
- Performs front desk customer service duties for the department; provides general information as well as response to specific customer questions; conducts necessary research and routes inquiries appropriately for more complex matters and interpretation issues; takes written messages.
- Opening and closing the office; Answer and route phone calls; Collect, date stamp and distribute daily mail.
- Process employment verifications.
- Design, update, track and coordinate HR forms.
- Prepare and coordinate documents or policy changes requiring approval by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Process unemployment insurance (UI) claims and maintain insurance claims database; provide UI reports to staff as needed
- Administer Longevity program for County employees.
- Responsible for training events, including classroom set up and takedown, printing training rosters, entering training into the Learning Management System, coordinating with trainers and instructors, providing required supplies, and ordering lunch.
- Process employment verifications; Coordinating the release of employment records.
- Coordinate employee programs, such as awards programs, HR programs requiring submission of an application.
For the full Job Description for this position, click here.
- High School diploma or GED required, supplemented by additional secretarial or office administration coursework required.
- One (1) year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar secretarial duties and responsibilities required.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.
Assessment testing will be administered.