The Intake Specialist provides intake for initial referrals for human services child protection programs. Conducts initial screenings, collecting required information for program intake. Works with the appropriate program staff to assure required information is obtained and appropriate referrals are made. This work environment is similar to that of a call center. You will be sitting at your desk the majority of a shift answering phone calls and inputting data into the computer system. This position would have the opportunity to fill in for staff during regular business hours. The department is specifically seeking staff who are available Monday - Friday from 7 am to 7:30 pm.
Specifically this position:
- Provides administrative support for assigned programs including documenting client information, maintaining client records, processing related paperwork and documents, and maintaining records of program statistics.
- Coordinates the referral and intake process.
- Acts as a resource to families, outside agencies and staff; answers telephones.
- Requests, responds to and provides information to collateral staff, departments, agencies, and the general public regarding program services, collateral resources, and case information as appropriate.
To view the complete job description for this position, click here.
- Two years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities
- High school diploma or GED required, supplemented by coursework in social work, psychology, criminal justice, or a related human services discipline. Equivalent to an Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- All new employees and rehires will be required to submit fingerprints for a FBI criminal background check (C.R.S. 26-6-104)
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.