Specifically this position:
- Unlocks and opens Landfill premises to the public.
- Greets members of the public using the County's landfill facilities and inspects contents of refuse to be dumped at the landfill.
- Collects and processes related fees and charges and maintains appropriate records and logs.
- Directs members of the public to various dumping areas within the landfill depending upon the contents of their refuse.
- Watches for and notifies appropriate landfill personnel of potential hazards including fires or toxic and flammable chemicals.
- Ensures that refuse dumped at the landfill complies with County rules and policies related to the landfill operations.
- Secures and locks landfill facilities at closing time.
- Hand picks litter.
- Direct traffic at the front gate and/or dump site.
To see the full job description for this position, click here.
- One year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High School diploma or GED required supplemented by some on the job training in landfill and cashier operation.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
This posting is "Open until filled" and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.