Jail Booking Specialists also
- Maintain the computer and paper record of all inmates held at the Larimer County Jail
- Operate the CCIC / NCIC computer system
Click here to view the complete job description and full salary range for a Jail Booking Specialist.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- No experience required.
- Current first aid and community CPR certificates.
- Data entry, basic office skills, and customer service experience preferred.
- College level coursework in the criminal justice or related field preferred.
Must be able to:
- Sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time.
- Get into and out of a chair repeatedly.
- Stoop, bend, stretch, twist, reach, kneel, crawl, squat, climb, and balance.
- Push or pull to manually open or shut heavy doors (10#).
- Lift bins containing inmate personal belongings weighing 20#.
Other Information to Note:
- Shift work required.
- Shifts require working days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MDT on the closing date.
- Successful applicants will be required to meet all of the following qualifications prior to hire:
- Cannot have a felony conviction
- No convictions involving domestic violence
- No illegal drug use within the past five years
- No use of marijuana in any form within the past two years
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Typing Test - 35 Net WPM Required
- Pre-employment Questionnaire
- Pass written or online examination
- Oral Board Interview
- Candidates who pass the oral board interview will be placed on the eligibility list. The eligibility list, which will remain active for one year.
- In-depth background investigation
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological exam
- Medical exam, including drug test
- Physical assessment test based on the essential job functions
- Possess or obtain First Aid and CPR (All Ages) certificates by date of hire
- Possess or obtain these NIMS certifications by date of hire: IS-100, IS-200,and IS-700
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. Successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.