Specifically, an Equipment Operator Journey:
Equipment Operator Journeys are expected to have little to moderate Heavy Equipment experience. They operate the standard pieces of equipment satisfactorily, and must also be appropriately licensed and capable of productively operating the equipment included in their specialized category with minimal training.
Standard: All vehicles requiring a Class “B” CDL, Loader, Roller, Power Broom, Mower.
Specialized: Patching Machine, Crackfill Melter, Wood Chipper, Self-Propelled Sheepsfoot Compactor, Push/Pull Scraper.
Click here to view the complete job description for an Equipment Operator Journey.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Each year of relevant progressively more responsible experience in the highway/street construction or maintenance field may be substituted for one year of the education requirement.
- One year of heavy equipment operating experience in the road maintenance/road construction industry including asphalt roadway construction or maintenance, roadway structure construction or maintenance, road drainage structure construction or maintenance, roadside drainage systems, production of aggregate materials, hauling and placing of roadway maintenance and construction materials, and work zone practices.
- Operation of a vehicle requiring a Class “B” CDL.
- Possession of, and ability to maintain a Class "B" CDL Driver's License with an “N” –Tanker endorsement and without the following restrictions: “L” -air brake, “O” –no/Trctr/Trlr restriction(s), "E" -No manual transmission, "X"-No cargo in CMV tank vehicle or "Z" - No full air brake equipped CMV.
- Ability to obtain an “X” Haz-mat/Tanker endorsement within 6 months of employment or within 6 months of turning 21 years old.
- Possession of, and ability to maintain a DOT Medical Certificate.
- Must be registered with the U.S. DOT Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse
- Ability to obtain a Colorado Flaggers Certification within six months of employment.
Other Information to Note:
- To apply for this position you must complete the application. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the application.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.