Specifically, an Equipment Operator Senior:
- May exercise direct and indirect supervision over field operations personnel.
- Complies with MSHA, DOT, Colorado 811 and other applicable safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensures project rules, procedures, applicable laws and regulations are followed.
- Ensures all work meets departmental expectations.
- Establishes and maintains positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
- Operates a variety of heavy construction equipment as assigned.
Equipment Operator Seniors are expected to have a significant amount of heavy equipment operating experience. They operate the standard pieces of equipment, and must also must also be appropriately licensed and capable of productively operating the equipment included in the specialized category.
Standard Equipment: All vehicles requiring a Class “A” CDL and Backhoe/Excavator and Dozer
Specialized Equipment: Chip Spreader, Vac Truck, Gradall. All equipment types included in lower classified positions (Journeyman Heavy Equipment Operator Series).
Click here to view the complete job description for an Equipment Operator Senior.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Each year of relevant progressively more responsible experience in the highway/street construction or maintenance field may substitute for one year of the education requirement.
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred.
- Three years of heavy equipment operating experience in the road maintenance/road construction industry including asphalt roadway construction or maintenance, roadway structure construction or maintenance, road drainage structure construction or maintenance, roadside drainage systems, production of aggregate materials, hauling and placing of roadway maintenance and construction materials, and work zone practices.
- Possession of, and ability to maintain a Colorado Class "A" CDL Driver's License with an “N” –Tanker endorsement and without the following restrictions: “L” -air brake, “O” –no/Trctr/Trlr restriction(s), "E" -No manual transmission, "X"-No cargo in CMV tank vehicle or "Z" - No full air brake equipped CMV.
- Ability to obtain an “X” –Haz-Mat/tanker endorsement within six months of employment or within 6 months of turning 21 years old.
- Possession of and ability to maintain a DOT Medical Certificate.
- Ability to obtain a Colorado Flaggers Certification within six months of employment.
Other Information to Note:
- To apply for this position you must complete the application. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the application.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
- This posting is "Open until filled" and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.